In a garden of a thousand other volumes, my little yellow book with its earnest plea and hopeful flowers on the cover sits waiting for you to pick it up. It’s got a heart it wants to give away. These haikus, poems, and prose pieces are about the miracle of being wanted back by someone we want, the desperation of hoping they’ll fight harder when they waver, the rawness of seeking reassurance that we are loved as we are, and the tenderness we feel when we’re sending love out to others —all those moments when we are making our need to be accepted plain and praying, please pick me. This book was born after twenty-six years of learning that it’s okay to want to be wanted, that vulnerability is merely throwing open the gateway to honest connections, and that fighting to be loved the way you deserve is bravery and not weakness. I hope you open it. I hope it invites you to be open too.
🛒 Where to Buy Please Pick Me
Order the Four Wands Edition
Purchase the original edition
📰 Reviews & Features
- “7 Book Gift Suggestions for Specific People in Your Life”, NYLON Manila
- “Local Lit: 8 Filipina Authors to Check Out for Your Next Quarantine Read”, 8List.ph
- "Ep. 12: Please Pick Me - Interview with Reina Regina," Jea Talks Podcast on Spotify
- “Please Pick Me by Reina Regina ft. The Lyrical Poetry Collection I Didn’t Know I Needed”, Marshmallow Harmonies
- “Please Pick Me: The Experience of Being A Slim Chance Among Millions”, Words and Nocturnes
- “Please Pick Me by Reina Regina”, She Reads Again
- “REVIEW: PLEASE PICK ME BY REINA REGINA”, Pages and Coffee Cups
- "Book Tour: Please Pick Me by Reina Regina", Spines in a Line
- "Please Pick Me by Reina Regina: Quotes & Moodboard", Woven From Words
- "Please Pick Me Blog Tour / Poetry Review", Jessica C Writes
- "Please Pick Me by Reina Regina", Reading Flamingo
- "[Blog Tour] Please Pick Me – Poetry by Reina Regina", Tami Tales
- "5 Reasons to Read Please Pick Me by Reina Regina || Blog Tour", By My Shelff
- "Blog Tour: Please Pick Me by Reina Regina", This Bookish Life of Mine
💬 Join the Conversation!
My big dream is to have people reading my words, quoting them, discussing them, and dissecting them to pieces. I’m grateful to the Bookstagram community for embracing my shift from book reviewer to author! Join the conversation on Instagram at #PleasePickMeBook!