Merry meet, deck creator! ✨ Thank you for visiting this page and considering having me review your deck! I'm Reina Regina, an author, professional tarot reader, and Instagram creator. I run @reinaxregina, a tarot and books Instagram account with an active and engaged community (currently at 5.6K strong!).
WHERE THIS STARTED: I didn't start out asking people if I could review their decks, but in 2021, two separate tarot and oracle deck creators approached me to ask if I could feature their decks on my page. I genuinely enjoyed discovering their decks and we saw how the content helped get word out about their creations. So I figured if I could offer my full suite of skills to other creators and be of use to them too, I would love to do that!
As a creator myself, I recognise that it takes an immense amount of talent and energy to design a deck, as well as a fair bit of money to produce it physically. If you decide to provide me with a copy of your tarot, Lenormand, or oracle deck for review, please know I don't take the honour lightly! 🙏🏼 I provide the following services to make your marketing investment worth it:
During promo period
1 - Deck Unboxing via IGTV 🎁
- My main feature of your deck will be an unboxing video via IGTV, typically under three (3) minutes.
- I keep the videos short to keep viewer retention high! I’ve found that videos beyond three minutes get lower viewer retention and overall views. I don’t want to unbox your deck for 20 minutes and have no one watch past the beginning. 😟 In any case, I can cover the most important bits (packaging, box, art, card stock, card back, inclusions) within three minutes.
- The caption will be a short review with the main points I love about the deck, ending with a call to action to buy the deck from your profile. 🛒 Criteria I will look at may include:
- Tarot symbolism and interpretation
- Art style and concept
- Card stock
- Box and packaging
2 - Instagram Lives 📽
- Depending on my availability, I may also decide to do Instagram Lives featuring your deck! Here are some types of Lives I might do:
- ✅ Unboxing Live. I may decide to unbox your package in front of a live audience instead of filming it privately.
- ✅ Deck creator Live. If you’re comfortable appearing on an Instagram Live and speaking to an audience for 30-45 minutes about your deck, we can do a deck creator interview!
- ✅ Deep dive Live. On your end, if you’d like to do your own Lives to promote your deck, I would be very happy to show up and discuss your deck with you!
3 - Private Feedback 📃
- I’m aware that a collaboration is meant to highlight the 🌟 positive aspects 🌟 of a deck to increase sales, so I typically do not post negative thoughts on my reviews. 🙊
- In the event that there are points I don’t quite love about your deck, I’ll send you a private message with my fair and balanced feedback. 💌 I promise honest but gentle and constructive criticism)! Criteria may include:
- User experience (e.g. card stock, box, or layout issues)
- Diversity and inclusivity in the art, if anything may come across as misinformed or offensive
- Things you might consider adding or removing
4 - Instagram Stories 📱
- All posts featuring your deck will be shared on Instagram Stories.
- I may also create teaser or behind-the-scenes Stories for these posts. 🎥🎬
- And of course, I’ll show off your deck in Stories when I use them in my practice!
- This gives us a minimum of four (4) Instagram Stories for your deck, but I’m certain I will do more!
5 - Future Posts 📸
- Of course, after posting my review, I’m not going to shelve your deck and forget about it forever! At my discretion, I will still create content (posts, Stories, and videos) about me using your deck as it happens organically in my tarot practice. 🧙🏻♀️
- I will post about your deck in posts on the Instagram feed.
- I also have other socials like Patreon, Vero, and Twitter where I can promote your decks to followers outside Instagram.
- For all posts, the call-to-action will be to follow you, purchase your deck, and share the post to let others know about your deck! 📢
- All content after our official round of promotions will still tag your profile and use your hashtag. 👌🏻
✅ TOTAL DELIVERABLES
- In sum, I will be featuring you on:
- ✔ one (1) IGTV video + review,
- ✔ an Instagram Live if time permits,
- ✔ various posts on my Instagram feed and other socials, and
- ✔ at least four (4) Instagram Stories.
- All features will tag your profile and use your deck’s official hashtag. 📢
After promo period
- I occasionally declutter my deck collection, but I don't think it would be ethical to sell a deck that I was given for free. In this case, if I decide to rehome your deck, I will run a giveaway instead! 🎁
- My giveaways typically run for 5-7 days. The terms will include liking the giveaway post, following me, following you, and tagging friends in the comments.
- I will reach out to you if I ever decide to give away your deck after promotion. We can discuss any additional terms then.
- If you would rather not participate at all, that's fine too! 👌🏻
What I ask for
I hope these posts sound like a lot of value for your trust in me! ✨ Here's what I require from my end:
- ✅ A free copy of your tarot deck. I will disclose that this copy was provided in exchange for a fair review + features on my page.
- ✅ If there are any inclusions (stickers, cards, pre-order goodies), it's up to you if you would like to toss them in or not! I won't ask for more than the deck, which is the most necessary thing for the review. 🙏🏼
- ✅ Thus far in my experience, shipping has always been shouldered by the deck creator. But if you need help with that, we can work something out!
That's all the important bits! 🌻 If you'd like to request a deck review, make an inquiry, or just want to chat about tarot & magic, you can reach me via email or DM me on Instagram for faster responses! I wish you the very best of luck, and I hope to help you get your deck into more loving and magical hands. 💛 Merry we meet again! ✨ May you reap what you sow tenfold, Reina 🌻